Just a hair’s breadth difference from “I was following orders” is the Nuremberg Neu Defense of “it wasn’t us, it was one of our sub contractors” and it’s a Scottish Government favourite for which they have been chastised in the past by Audit Scotland.
When accused of Tier 2 visa abuse and both racially discriminating against the indigenous population and racially abusing the incoming migrants – we get the Nuremberg Neu Defense
- “it wasn’t us, it was one of our subcontractors.” – the Subcontractor Principal or SCP
- “and anyway, everybody else does it” – the Business Peer Principal or BPP
- “It was perfectly legal” – the Legally Immoral Principal or LIP
– on a Scottish Government site, surrounded by Scottish Government staff, within walking distance of the Director of HR, with full knowledge of all Scottish Government management right up to and including the Executive Team.
- Sacking UK Workers to make way for migrant workers
- Paying migrant workers 1/4 the going rate
- Enforcing illegal working practises / conditions for migrant workers
- Sabotaging your own project in the process
- “it wasn’t us, it was one of our subcontractors.”
- “and anyway, everybody else does it”
- “It was perfectly legal”
The Nuremberg Neu Defense.